Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rising and falling

So along with what seems to be everyone else, I love fall! It is absolutely beautiful here. A friend and I had been waiting for the leaves to changes so we could do a fall bike ride and enjoy the leaves. Today was finally the day. We met for breakfast and then headed off to a trail that she has ridden a few times with her boyfriend. I don't usually ride trails other than the one near my house because it is such a pain to fold up little lady's bike trailer, put the bike rack on my car and load my bike up. The husband helped me put the bike rack on so I can't really complain to much. I managed to fold up and load the trailer and my bike without to much difficulty. I was excited for this trail, she had told me it was a little hilly. I don't get to ride hills much because my trail is part of the rails to trails program so it is pretty flat. I only ride up one hill on the road to my house. This trail definitely had some hills! I feel pretty used to pulling little lady but she felt like a ton of bricks today. My bike seemed off too. I don't know if it needed to be oiled or it just had a hard time shifting gears with so much weight pulling back on it. We survived though and it felt like a really good workout.

It's sort of funny, the friend that I rode with used to be a drinking buddy. We would go out to the bar after work and share some food and drinks. It's so funny to me that now we do fitness fun days and talk about our health. I feel like it is a friendship that has grown with me and it's weird to see where we are now.
I also had a 2 mile run on the schedule today. I was driving home around lunch/nap time and was trying to come up with a plan for the run. Little lady had fallen asleep on the bike ride for about a half hour. Whenever she does that she will fight her afternoon nap (which is usually a 2-3 hour nap) so I quickly decided to just run when I got home and then get her ready for her nap. It worked out perfectly but I could feel that bike ride in my legs. My run took me just over 25 minutes, but I did it and am on track this week. 4.5 miles here I come!

I did take a fall picture of the beautiful tree in front of our house.The colors right now are amazing and I am hoping to snap a few pictures of the trail when I run this Saturday.
I love this tree!


I was also successful in my first bread making adventure (hence the rising). The bread was delicious and I got to make hubby some sandwiches for lunch on homemade bread. I am hoping he liked it.
You had to roll the dough out and then roll it together. This is it before rising.


Here it is all baked up. I didn't get a risen picture before baking.




I am enjoying my time in the kitchen and actually using self control around all these yummy homemade treats. I am amazed at my new ability. I can guarantee that not to long ago I would have inhaled that whole loaf of bread. Last night I had one slice with dinner and then sliced up the left over bread and put it in the freezer for future sandwiches. I hope this new self control stays awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment