Thursday, October 18, 2012

Living Experiences

Last night was the MOMS night out for October. I was excited and nervous for it as usual. I enjoy going out with the other moms once per month, but at the same time I always feel awkward and haven't really connected to anyone in this group yet. I am still glad that I joined though, all of the moms are really nice.

Last night's adventure took us to a tapas bistro downtown, San Chez. I had never been there before, but have always heard great things about it. I was really looking forward to seeing what this place was all about. I knew tapas were small food portions, but I wasn't sure if we would be eating there. I thought we were just going out for drinks. I had a reasonable dinner before I left and had figured I could enjoy a drink or two. Once we all got to the restaurant and got situated though, it became obvious that we would be sharing some tapas. I felt panicked and wanted to leave immediately. I had not budgeted for food! Everyone decided each mom could pick one tapas and we would share them all. I know that I could have said that I would not be eating, but I felt like I would look foolish not partaking in the foods so I went for it. I was glad that I did because the food was delicious! It was also super expensive so I don't think I would go back therefore just another reason to be glad I got to enjoy it. I just took very small samples of each selection. I also still enjoyed 2 drinks.

On the drive home I was feeling bad about my decisions and felt like I had gone off track. I then remembered that life happens and just a few days ago I realized that even though I am changing my lifestyle to a healthier version, I still want to enjoy life as it happens. I did not overindulge at the restaurant. I just sampled some delicious food with some new mom friends. That is life and that is what I want to be enjoying right now.

Also, I am now 7 days binge free! I was really looking forward to tomorrow's weigh in, but last nights food does make me nervous. I didn't weigh in today(I do weigh myself every morning.) because it was most likely to be higher than the previous day and I didn't want to regret last night. I am hoping that tomorrow's weigh in will be great though.

No comments:

Post a Comment