Tuesday, October 30, 2012

lazy week

I have decided to give myself a week to relax before figuring out what to do next with my running schedule. I really liked having a running schedule so I want to have something to follow and stick with. I also don't want to burn myself out with running so I decided to let myself slack for a week and just run if/when I feel like it.

I really want to focus on my diet this week. I have not truly gotten my eating back in control in a few weeks. I have off and on days which is what my whole summer was and I hated just bouncing back and forth with a few pounds. I really don't want to do that all fall as well. I also really worry on my bad days because it reminds me that I have lost weight before AND gained it all back. I will not let that happen again! I know this time is different because I am loving my running and am not as focused on losing weight and I for sure don't have deadlines for when I would like to have the weight gone. I am more than okay with taking the slow road, especially if it leads to keeping the weight off.

I am feeling good today. I went to bed early last night and am on track for the day. My food is figured out for the day and I feel like I can handle it. I think one of my challenges is lunch. I eat the same breakfast pretty much every day (English muffin with peanut butter) and I plan out a weekly dinner menu, but lunch is just sort of there for me. I realized that when I am on track with my health I am in a good lunch rut. I was in love with my salmon a few weeks ago and that was one of the last times I was really on track. I enjoyed my lunch and then felt satisfied until dinner. These past few weeks I have been throwing together lunch ideas quickly at the last moment. Sometimes they just aren't satisfying and I end up grazing all day long.

I found an interesting coconut chicken recipe that sounds really good to me, but hubby hates coconut. I decided to make a batch tomorrow for lunch and then just portion out servings for each day for my lunch. I think it would be a great idea to make one meal each week that the hubby doesn't/wouldn't like and just eat that each day for lunch. It seems like a win/win for us both. I can enjoy my odd foods and hubby doesn't even have to look at them.




No comments:

Post a Comment