Thursday, October 25, 2012

Spring day in October

The weather yesterday and today has been amazing! It makes me so happy when it's nice out. I hear we are back to our regularly scheduled October weather tomorrow. It was nice to have a little spring preview though. I think my moods are definitely affected by the weather.

Yesterday I had a near perfect healthy living day. I did "enjoy" a bit yesterday, but it was in my calorie range. I was making chocolate covered pretzels for little lady's Halloween party today and had a bit of extra melted chocolate after the pretzels were done. I didn't want to waste chocolate so I made a few chocolate covered strawberries. They were delicious and I truly enjoyed them! Plus, I didn't even feel guilty.


This morning little lady and I went to her Halloween party. I tried to get a cute picture of her in her costume but it wasn't cooperating well. I was bummed that the felt pieces of her peacock tail kept getting covered. I might try to brain storm a way to make it better for Halloween. She did get a lot of compliments though so I was happy.
I swear it was much cuter in person.

Little lady took a tractor ride and made a new friend. Her friend doesn't look as happy as she does.
I also managed to stay on track at the party. There are always so many tasty little treats at a party. It's tough because they were all little bite sizes which almost made you want to taste them all. I figured that would add up pretty quickly. I had a small piece of bread and half of a pig in a blanket. Both of which I had tried to offer little lady because I thought they were a better choice than cookies, but she didn't agree and wouldn't eat them. I felt bad just offering them to her and throwing them away since it would also be rude to put them back down after I touched them. So I guess I count it as enjoying the party as a regular person who is not food obsessed (or perhaps just obsessed with not being food obsessed). I counted the calories of what I ate and have already written down the rest of my meals for the day and it should be a success.

I am planning on enjoying the rest of this day's amazing weather. The hubby called this morning and asked if we could go hiking when he gets home if it's still this nice out. I was pretty stoked because he doesn't always want to be super active after a long day of work and there is a new trail near our house that I have been wanting to check out. My friend and I were actually supposed to hike it yesterday after out run but we ran out of time. I hope everything is enjoying this unusually nice fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment