Monday, October 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

I am feeling much more positive after this morning's weigh in. I am still glad that I posted Saturday's weight. It helps me to stay honest and realistic. I just get frustrated at times because I feel like I am losing so slowly. I did see 171.8 this morning though which is what I was seeing a lot last week. I just wanted to undue the damage from Thursday night's eat feast. I feel back in the game and ready to inch closer to the 160's. I have been waiting all summer to see the 160's. I guess they wanted to spend the fall with me, which is fine as long as they get here soon.

Somehow I had an amazing weekend and kept my weight in check! I am making huge strides in having fun without overdoing the eating and drinking. I went to my mom's house on Saturday afternoon (after running 4 miles again on Saturday!) My mom's house used to be a huge binge place for me. I obviously overate when I lived there and for some reason whenever I would visit I would raid the cupboards and pig out. I have gotten so much better with controlling myself and it is almost easy for me.

We got to my mom's house just before 3pm. It was just little lady and I, the hubby had to stay home to work on a bunch of things that just become hard to do with a little one running around. My mom got called into work so the little lady tore through the house while we waited for Nana to get home. As we waited (and I controlled my snacking) I realized I forgot little lady's lovey. The only thing she likes to have when she sleeps. I am so lucky with little lady though, she is such an easy going kid. I figured she would be fine without her lovey for the night, but I knew my mom would be putting her to bed and wanted to have things as close to usual as possible. Once my mom got home from work we all headed out to find a new lovey. I found her one that was close to what she used at home and she seemed to love it so we were all happy. We got back to my mom's and they had dinner while I got ready to head out. For the second weekend in row!

My best friend had recently bought her first home! I hadn't seen it yet so I had given the hubby a free weekend and planned to check out the house. I left little lady with her grandma and headed over to see the house. It was beautiful! She has already got so much done on it and I am so excited for her. We decided to invite another friend to join us and we went out to dinner and for a few drinks. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with pesto. I love pesto and felt that I had eaten light enough all day that I could enjoy it without feeling guilty. I did and I am glad. We had a drink with dinner and then headed over to a Speakeasy. I hadn't really heard of it before but it was really cool. If you didn't know it was there you probably wouldn't ever see it, which I guess is the point. It was dark and had "rules." The few that I liked and remember were everyone must be seated, so if there isn't a seat for you you have to wait outside until there is space. There is no cell phone use, they want you to enjoy the company you are there with. It was really cool, but expensive. All drinks are made with quality liquor and all juice that they mix with is fresh squeezed. Drinks are all $10 each so we each just got one and enjoyed it. It was a fun evening and I enjoyed having a girls' night with my friends.

On Sunday I brought little lady over to my friend's house just to see the house once more and visit a little longer. I decided to stop to outlet shop on the way home too. The hubby is not a big shopper and we pass a huge outlet shopping area right along the freeway on the ride home. The hubby and I have only stopped once. I love a good deal so I figured I would check it out without him complaining the whole time. Little lady is a great shopping buddy! We wandered for awhile and actually didn't buy anything. I realized then, around 3pm that I hadn't really fed her lunch (oops) and we still had a two hour drive left to get home so we headed to the food court. Previously I would have found what sounded the best and ordered it and enjoyed it all and then would have felt guilty about it and ate more to try to feel better. They only had four restaurant choices and none of them looked that great. One was called "Grill it" so I decided on them. I ordered just a plain grilled chicken sandwich. It was honestly a chicken breast that I watched her cook on a grill and put on a grilled bun. Little lady got the kid's meal, chicken nuggets, fries and a drink. I ended up just eating the chicken, no bun. Normally I would have eaten the bun but I looked at it and the bun just didn't look that appetizing. It looked like a plain bun I could easily pick up at the grocery store. Since the bun wasn't special, I decided to just enjoy the chicken and a few of little lady's fries. I felt good after eating and didn't feel like I missed out on anything! Huge success for me.

This has turned into a huge post that isn't very focused (or interesting) so I will end it here with an update on my working out. I walked little lady to the library for library time this morning so I got in a little cross training today and am going to do some back strengthening now. My back has gotten much better but is still a little sore. I am thinking maybe spending one of my strengthening days each week focusing on my back will help a bit. I also hope it doesn't make it worse. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment