Sunday, October 7, 2012

Best run ever

Today I had 4.5 miles on the schedule. I thought about possibly waking up and running first thing, but hubby needed to be somewhere by 9:00. I could have made it if I really got moving early enough, but I really didn't want to rush it. I try to enjoy my long runs and take them as slow as I need to. I didn't want to spend the whole run worried about whether or not I would make it back on time for the hubby.

It worked for me to run just as little lady was having lunch. I rushed out and was really feeling it. It was perfect out. I did my warm up and then started running. I was listening to some music I loved in high school and it sort of helped me get lost in thought. Just as I was hitting the two mile mark I passed an older man (late 60s) and he put his hand out to high five. I thought it was awesome! I ran a quarter mile further and turned to head back. I couldn't believe how well I was feeling. On the way back I crossed paths again with the older man and exchanged another high five. For some reason this made my day!

As I was hitting the end of the 4.5 mile run I still felt amazing. I actually didn't want to stop. The road that connects my house to the trail has a few hills on it and since I am starting to hear that the 10k I will be running is quite hilly I decided to keep running until I got home and just cool down at home. I told myself that I could stop whenever I needed to but shocked myself at not needing to! I checked my route when I got home on mapmyrun and it looks like I ran 4.86 miles! Without stopping! In 57:30! That is less than 12 minute miles. I was so happy with myself. As much as I hate pushing little lady while running I do think it really helps me appreciate my solo runs.

I did manage to take one picture of my trail just as I got to it today. It is so pretty in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment