Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday figures and an overdue farewell

I am not going to lie, but I definitely thought about trying to use an old picture for my weigh in this week. It definitely could have been worse but I am very disappointed with myself. With that said though, I am not shocked I knew I was only half in this week. I get to start fresh again and I am ready!

On a positive note, I do feel good about owning up to this weight gain. When I was losing on weight watchers there was no way I would have gone to a meeting just to see a gain. I would have changed weigh in days or skipped the week all together. I think it's a positive step to just own it and move on.

Another slight positive here is that even with all the over eating I did this week I managed to stay out of the 170s that is a step in the right direction. All summer long I stayed around 174-178. I would just bounce up and down in that range. I think publicly posting my weigh ins keeps me constantly aware that even though I am still in the 160s, I gained over a pound. I think this will help keep me losing weight and not bouncing around with my weight.

In all of this disastrous eating I have done this week I do have a food related NSV. I have been mentioning here and there that I really want to enjoy life and not over due this whole "dieting" thing. I really do feel like this is a lifestyle that I am enjoying and therefore can enjoy the occasional treat. I also know that "occasional" treat can easily get out of hand with me. Yesterday evening, the hubby and I took little lady on a short hike. It was wonderful but on the way home hubs decided he wanted to stop at McDonald's for an ice cream. I can't control his eating nor do I want to nag him all the time. I was thinking about getting an ice cream since I had already eaten more than I had planned for dinner. (that makes total sense, right?). I was planning on ordering some tasty ice cream even while we were in the drive thru. Thankfully though there was a long line which gave me time to think. I realized that I wasn't even really in the mood for ice cream and if I was I would much rather splurge on quality ice cream. I successfully passed up ice cream!


I have also decided to say farewell to an old friend. These pants were the pants I wore in the hospital after having little lady. I had bought them one size bigger than I was wearing because I heard you are swollen so these pajama pants are size XXL. I was super embarrassed to buy them, but once I put them on I didn't care what they said. They were soft, warm and welcoming-just what I needed at that time.

exposed elastic
worn with love
I think I may have clung on to them just a bit to long. I have been letting them comfort me when I have plenty of other pajama pants that can love me now. I have realized that when I binge, I look for these pants. I don't want to keep fat pajama pants lying around the house. I don't need them nor should I be wearing torn up pants. (probably shouldn't be posting pictures of my worn out pjs online for everyone to see either) These are heading out to the trash today.

I do love the way that they give the impression that I don't have a muffin top though. Soon enough though, I won't have a muffin top.

No comments:

Post a Comment