Friday, October 12, 2012

Deflated

Thankfully not me, but definitely my tire which I will get to in just a moment. I am feeling happy and positive again. I managed to finish yesterday with a run which made me happy, but not as happy as I usually feel after a good run. I just let little things get to me and I shouldn't. Thankfully my healthy spirit was back and I did not binge yesterday! After feeling frustrated with hubby I relaxed with some tea and the blanket I have been working on for little lady. I felt much better and relaxed before I went to bed.

Today I had a few things on the agenda and am proud of how things turned out even with a bump in the road. My best friend wanted to leave her car here when she went out of town so that it would be easier to pick up her dog after her trip. Little lady and I got ready early so she (and her boyfriend) could visit with us while they waited for their ride. We actually managed to be ready extra early and while little lady was distracted (watching tv, I know bad mom) I decided to clean my bathroom. Fridays is bathroom day and I had a lot of things to accomplish during naptime so I figured getting one of the bathrooms out of the way would be amazing. It was! Shortly afterwards my friend and her boyfriend showed up. We had some coffee and chatted and they were on their way.

I had plans to meet up with a different friend and her daughter who is about 6 months older than little lady. We usually get together every Friday for a playdate and adult chat. I needed to make a run to the post office for stamps (We are already sending out invites to our Christmas party!) so I figured I would stop their quickly and head off to my friend's. We got in the car and pulled out of the garage. The car felt weird, but I was quickly on the gravel portion of my driveway and didn't notice to much. As soon as I got on the road I could tell something was very wrong. I stopped in the middle lane for a second to assess what to do. I did not want to drive it an inch further for fear of making a bad situation worse, but I also knew I could not leave my car in the middle of a semi busy road. I pulled a U turn and went back into my driveway. I made it half way up and stopped to see what was wrong.
 
I quickly realized my plans for the day would have to change. Thankfully my friend is flexible and just packed up and headed to our house.It sucks because I got all panicky feeling like I was just in a horrible car crash. I am sure I sounded devastated when I called the husband. 

I used to be the person (hell, even last week I was the person...) that would let something like this ruin my day. I would  have cancelled my plans and been a downer with little lady and eaten my misery away during her nap. However, I know there is nothing else I can do about it until hubby gets home so I enjoyed my time with my friend. Afterwards, I finished the bathrooms, and even better accomplished a workout I was dreading!

My 10k training has 2 cross training days per week. Usually we do some walking around on Sunday or walking to the library on Monday and that counts for the shorter day (about 30 minutes of activity) but there is one longer cross training day per week. I think in the beginning it was 45 minutes, but the last 3 or 4 weeks have a 60 minute cross training day. Up until now my longer cross training has been bike rides with my friend or long walks with another friend. This week it was to cold to really take a nice long walk and I was not sure what I would do. I had decided early on today that since little lady always takes more than an hour nap there was no excuse to not start up the treadmill and kill 60 minutes. I knew it would be boring and I was ok if I split up the time but I did 60 minutes of brisk walking on the treadmill. And it didn't kill me with boredom. I did watch 2 shows. I am proud of getting that out of the way. I wanted to run a portion of it but decided to save myself for tomorrow run.

Also, I almost forgot I ran in shorts yesterday! I bought some clearance running shorts a few weeks ago. I have always thought running shorts were cute but didn't think I could wear them. I decided that for $10 I could have a pair and wear them to work out in the house and see how they feel. It felt freeing, but I definitely had the shorts riding up and felt some chaffing. Next summer, I will be outside in running shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment