Sunday, October 14, 2012

Weekend recap and more

As the weekend comes to and end I can't help but think this was a perfect weekend - slightly lazy, but still accomplished a few things.

Friday I was thinking a lot about my new love of healthy living. I really want to focus more on enjoying life and still being healthy. I don't want to feel like I have to turn down fun events because I don't know if I can control myself. I also want to live in the moment and enjoy life while losing weight. I tend to turn down fun ideas from the husband all of the time because they may involve eating or drinking. I was trying to come up with something fun to do at home on Friday that he would really enjoy. I know that he loves sitting by the campfire and I usually turn him down because either I don't want to drink a ton by the fire, or I think it's to cold.

Oddly enough before I even asked him to enjoy the fire with me, he asked if I wanted to have a fire. I was excited. I had already decided that I would just wear my winter coat to the fire to stay toasty. (I don't know why I have never thought to do this before. I always just wear a hoodie and then complain that it's cold.) I also wanted to enjoy one drink at the fire. I was thinking about my wine, but then realized it's in the fridge and will be cold. I wanted to make a nice warm drink so I looked through what we had. The only alcohol we had in the house was wine, beer and peppermint schnapps from last Christmas. I decided I would make a hot chocolate and add the peppermint schnapps. It was pretty tasty and I had enough calories to cover it and enjoy guilt free.
spiked hot cocoa in a cozy mug

We sat out by the fire and talked for awhile. I sipped my hot chocolate and stayed bundled up in my sweatshirt and winter coat, while the hubs stayed warm in a hoodie. It was nice and I truly enjoyed that. We also planned some fun for Saturday.

What a blazin fire we had!
Saturday morning we woke up early, well little lady woke us up at her usual 6:45. We all got ready for the day and left the house around 7:50 to get my car back to shape. The hubby checked the tire when he got home from work and said that I ruined the actual rim/wheel of the tire and that can be costly. I was feeling really bad about it, but he was super sweet about it and went down to Discount Tire with me in the morning.  I have a temporary wheel on until they can call for parts on Monday and let me know.

ugly tire, but drives nice
After what felt like forever we were on for the fun portion of the day. We went thrifting!  I love that we both really enjoying thrifting and can enjoy that time together. I found so many fun clothes. I only had 2 sweaters/long sleeve shirts in my closet. I always felt to fat to wear sweaters so my whole wardrobe consisted of jeans, t shirts and cardigans. In the winter I would just wear a cardigan over my summer outfits. I felt like it hid my muffin top much better than a sweater. Lately I have been wanting to wear actual sweaters and long sleeve shirts. We went to 3 thrift stores and I bought 6 shirts, one hoodie and one pair of jeans. I am so excited. Each shirt and the hoodie were about $3 each, so $21 on tops  and the jeans were $7 but they are seven for all mankind. I was excited about the jeans, but they don't fit me yet. They will though! I also love the hoodie. It feels slightly quilted and super warm. I also love that I feel confident enough to start wearing brighter colors. I don't feel the need to blend in.

$28 worth of clothes
Sunday has been much more laid back. Little lady and I decided to head out for a few things, mainly diaper cream. I decided to go to Target instead of the much closer Meijer because (a) little lady was cranky and I thought a long car ride would help and (b) my Target running running shorts size large seemed a bit big and I wanted to buy clearance shorts for next summer. We spent a lot of time looking at all the wonderful Target things. They had some really cute coats! I loved that I could try them up and zip them up! I didn't buy any coats though because I don't really need any fall coats and they were $40. I did end up buying a new cardigan. I have wanted a mustard yellow one forever, but haven't found one/wasn't sure I felt confident enough to wear yellow. I have one now and I will feel confident enough to show it off! I also bought a size medium pair of running shorts. They are a different cut than my size large though so the mediums are tight. I can still wear them though, but they really accentuate the muffin top. I think they will be perfect for next year.

As we were at Target, I realized that we were super close to Kohl's (I don't head to this side of town often). Kohl's is one of the few places that I can buy bras. The bras that I had been wearing were finally getting ridiculous on me. The cup went up so high on my chest that it was very noticeably peaking out in a tank top. It just looked odd and the band was starting to feel loose and spend most of the day riding up on me. We headed in to bra shop. I wasn't sure what size the bra was that I was wearing. I thought it was 38DD (the size I always claim to be) so I looked at 38Ds. I don't know why I didn't think to try a smaller band on. I was in a panic, I hate bra shopping. I tried on a few but they didn't fit right. As I was trying bras on I looked to see what size and brand my current bra was. I knew I bought it at Kohl's and figured I would just get a smaller one of the same bra. My old bra was 40DD. I didn't like seeing that and was glad I had blocked that out of my memory. I couldn't find the brand that I wanted, but ended up finding a brand that actually carried a 36DD. It's hard to find larger cup sizes with smaller bands. I tried it on and it feels perfect! I am wearing a 36DD bra! I feel great and am excited that my band size is 4 inches smaller than last time. Although the old bra was always worn on the tightest fitting and wasn't tight at all. I am wearing my new bra on the loosest fitting, but it feels perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment