Friday, September 28, 2012

In pain and out of control

After Wednesday's super positive post I sort of lost it. Yesterday was a rough day for me. I woke up with a sore back. I didn't think to much of it, I figured I just slept weird. We got ready for the day and it still hurt so I took a pain pill and little lady and I met a friend downtown to look at ArtPrize again. We walked around for a bit, had lunch and came home. That was when it all went down hill. I sat down at the computer with a heating pad and realized how bad my back was hurting. I did some of my chores for the day and couldn't even finish some of them. I had planned on running two miles yesterday, but  I realized that I should probably take it easy. Even sitting was starting to hurt my back. I decided to lay down on the couch with my heating pad. I don't know what part of brain couldn't handle laying down on the couch without snacking, but it won. I overindulged for a bit until thankfully little lady woke up earlier than usual from her nap. I don't like to mindlessly eat in front of her so I had to put away all the food. It took all of my strength to carry her downstairs though. I ended up laying on the couch with the heating pad all night. The hubby took care of little lady (and the dishes!) while I laid there. It was nice, but I am sure didn't help my weight.

I am not sure what happened to my back. It is still sore today, but a little better than yesterday. I am guessing my workouts maybe did something to my back. When I was running my 4 miles on Saturday I remember really trying to pay attention to my body. I pretty much always want to stop running while I am running so I have to ask myself why I want to stop. As I was nearing the end of my 4 miles I remember thinking that my legs felt fine running and so did my breathing, but towards the very end my back was getting sore. It didn't hurt very much while running, but it was the only place hurting at all while running. I also took a pain pill before heading out on Saturday night because I just felt sore after my running. Then, on Wednesday I took a walk with a new friend. We sort of got distracted talking and probably walked for over an hour before we realized we should turn and start heading back. I am guessing we walked over 6 miles. I am thinking the increase in mileage is affecting my back. I went out this morning with little lady, but am skipping the 2 mile run this week. I am supposed to do 4 miles tomorrow. If my back doesn't feel good, I am not doing it. I will hold off and hopefully by Monday feel better and get 4 miles in then. 

I was supposed to weigh in today. I was having a really weird dream this morning, the kind where you are hearing something in real life but you just make it part of the dream. Little lady had woken up but I just decided to incorporate baby talking into my dream. When I realized that she was up I sort of jumped up frantically and ran to her. I didn't think to weigh myself when we came back down and once I drank some water I refused to step on the scale. :) Yesterday morning I saw 171.9 but I am sure yesterday's eating put some weight back on so I probably wouldn't have posted today's weight anyways.


I am heading to my mom's tomorrow morning. I will weigh myself before I leave, but I may not post again until Monday. Here are the few pictures I took from ArtPrize.

Little lady liked the penguins in the fountain in front of the Ford museum.
I liked these sculptures on the walking bridge.
For those of you not near Grand Rapids, Art Prize is pretty sweet. The city hosts this crazy art competition and there is tons of art throughout the city. In buildings, parking lots, even the river. It is fun to check it out, but this year it seems extra crowded. I am only planning on heading back there once more this year. My mom really wants to see it so she will be here next weekend to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment