Monday, September 10, 2012

Funday Monday

Last night I went to bed with every intention of waking up today and getting an early run in. I have 2.5 miles on the schedule for today and this would be the first week I can follow the schedule as is. It's only week 2 so I only did one week out of order. I woke up today with horrible shin pain. I am self diagnosing myself with shin splints. The first time I actually tried to run way back when, I had this pain and gave up on running. I refuse to give up on running so I almost made myself run today anyways. I decided against it since everything I heard from Dr. Google was pretty much hinting at 'to much, to soon' affecting shin splints. It would make sense since I did just do the crazy bike trip and then jumped into 10k training after one full day of rest. Plus my running had been sort of off and on and I usually only ran 1.5 or 2 miles. I really hate to admit this but I think my husband was right. He told me I should just rest for one full week and then start the program at week 2. Oh well, live and learn. I am currently icing my shin.

I almost let my shin get the best of me. The plan for today was to wake up and enjoy the coffee, hit the trail, shower, breakfast and then babytime at the library. Once I decided running shouldn't happen I propped my leg up with some ice and laziness took over almost immediately. I thought about the possibility of just eating my frozen yogurt and watching cartoons all morning and then taking a nap when little lady naps. Then I remembered that just because I wasn't running didn't meant that I should lay around. We got ready for the day which I have no idea how we took so long getting ready but by the time we were both dressed and fed it was almost time to get up to the library. I decided that instead of running my scheduled 2.5 miles I would walk us up to the library group and back which is about 3 miles round trip. As I was walking there my shin hurt pretty badly and I realized that I had definitely made the right choice about not running.

The positive: I am officially back to the weight I was before the camping adventures! Skipping the frozen yogurt was definitely worth it. I am going to start doing Friday weigh-ins to try to hold myself accountable. My goal is to reach 160 my the end of the year. I think it's totally doable. If I reach 165 then I completed my goal for the West Michigan weight loss challenge that I mentioned before. You just had to lose 12 lbs during 2012. I didn't start until mid-August and you weigh out in December. If you lose at least 12 lbs you are eligible to win some pretty sweet prizes. I never really win anything and I actually put "winning something" on my bucket list. Also, I laugh out loud every time I see the flyer.

How could anyone pass up the chance to enter a challenge that is promoted with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment