Sunday, September 9, 2012

Today we actually managed to have a lazy, relaxing Sunday. I guess yesterdays relaxing really wore us out. The day started early because as everyone knows, if you keep your baby up late she will wake up early. She was ready for the day at 6am. yay. We lounged around most of the morning. I was tired since I am usually in bed by ten and actually stayed up until midnight last night. I have learned throughout my weight loss adventures that I can not control my eating when I am tired. I wish I had realized this sooner, but I am glad I put that piece of the puzzle in this past year. I woke up starving. I usually wait until 9am to eat breakfast because otherwise I want lunch by 10am and probably dinner at 3. I held off on my breakfast until 8:15 when my stomach was starting to scream at me. I ate a banana and a Greek yogurt. It was good but I was still starving. I had one zucchini cup left over from dinner a few nights ago so I ate that. I still felt hungry, but knew that I would survive and that I could nap when little lady took a nap and cure some of the hunger.

I then remembered that I had bought hair dye and wanted to dye my hair some time this week. I have dark hair and the greys are slowing taking over! I decided that I needed to distract myself by something other than lying on the couch watching little lady and staring at the kitchen. Hubby said he was fine with watching her while I did my thing. That took about an hour and I felt much better afterwards. I played with little lady until lunch time. I ate a sandwich and wanted to eat ten more, but knew that I was going to take a nap soon and I could eat after my nap. Little lady fell right asleep and so did I.

I only took about a half hour nap and felt sooo much better after waking up. I thought I was still hungry and was actually making a snack when I decided to drink some more water and then decide. I drank 2 glasses of water and some coffee and felt content for the first time all day. And yes, I had drank a lot of water in the morning too. I just starve when I am tired.

I finally got my bootay in gear after that. My training schedule called for stretching and strengthening today. As embarrassing as this is to admit I checked out one of those idiot's guide to...weight lifting book from the library. I haven't found anything super helpful for weight lifting, but I do like the stretches in there. They have about ten stretches and it takes me about ten minutes to work through them so I did that and then I did a strengthening routine. I am sort of lost on strengthening so I trying different routines online until I find one that I like.

I prepped dinner while little lady and hubby continued their napping. Surprisingly I still wasn't hungry. I am glad I had the time to take that nap and that I actually fell asleep. It saved me from the day long grazing that would have happened in my previous life.

After everyone was awake and dinner was in the oven the hubby started talking about maybe going out for some ice cream. I love me some ice cream but really wanted to stay on track for a full weekend. That has not happened much this summer with all of our crazy plans. Although I have done so much better with my 'eating while traveling' than ever before. Back to the ice cream though, at some point while waiting for dinner to get out of the oven the hubby decided he would rather just go to the grocery store and get things to make milkshakes. I tried to get him to go alone, but he lured me in with a trip to Goodwill since it's across the street from his store. I can't resist a deal so we all headed out with some missions.

We went to Goodwill first since it closed at 6pm and his store is open 24/7. I actually had a shirt that I wanted to return. (I know, who returns clothes to Goodwill?!? Seriously! Well, this girl does.) We actually have a super nice Goodwill and they have a section with brand new department store clothes. The last time I was there I bought a New York and Company skirt that will be perfect for the fall and two New York and Company shirts. They were all brand new and I am guessing out of season. I also bought a used pair of Calvin Klein jeans in a size 12. They do not fit me yet, but they will. Oh yeah, my returned purchase from Goodwill. As anyone with a child knows, you no longer have much of an option for trying on clothes with your baby in tow. I have gotten really good at buying things so I can try them on at home and then having to return them. One of the shirts I bought was a button down shirt with some cute ruffles. The ruffles made me look ridiculous. Normally I don't return clothes to the Goodwill, but since it was brand new I didn't feel as bad. It was also $8 and I am cheap. While there I looked around a bit. I have been trying to only purchase brands that are quality and I wouldn't spend the money to buy it brand new if I was at the actual store (hence the Calvin Klein jeans). I almost didn't find anything, but then I saw this gem.

Yes, those are workout pants. I used to think it was gross to even consider buying used workout clothes. I also used to think all workout clothes were created equal. I also didn't workout much. Now that I enjoy running, I have found out that there are a reason some workout clothes are a bit more money and that moisture wicking fabric is amazing. I keep hoping to score some Under Armour at the thrift store, but that has not happened yet. In case you can't see my new pants...
I know The North Face is overly trendy right now, but I do like their stuff. I have a sweatshirt and a winter coat from The North Face and they are so much warmer than anything else I have ever owned so I think it's worth it. The pants seem like new and were only $3.99 so I didn't think I could go wrong. They are also a size medium. I figured they would fit some day and since the only actual workout pants I have are my first pair, in sweaty cotton and size XL. In my mind, those pants would just fall right off and I think I will need a new pair once I retire my capris for the season. These pants, size M actually fit me (only because they are quite stretchy). They were a bit tight in the thighs, I have huge thighs, but they fit and didn't look super ridiculous. I might actually get to wear them out to run this fall! I have always worn L or XL workout gear. This could be huge!

I also managed to not have a milkshake tonight. Victory for me all around tonight! When we were at the store I had to check out the ice cream selection and was going to just buy one of those small containers with one serving of ice cream to make my milkshake with but could not find one. They did have the Greek frozen yogurt on sale though and I have been wanting to try it.  It was still expensive, but I thought it would be healthier and then I could stop drooling over it every time I passed it. Hubby made a milkshake for him and little lady to share and then I was to lazy to wash the blender, make a milkshake and then wash it again. I rinsed the blender, put it in the dishwasher and just had a small taste of my frozen Greek yogurt. I almost got the blueberry vanilla graham, but i love peanut butter and banana so I had to try it. It was really good and some how I managed to have three bites and just stop there. Usually if a container of ice cream is open I can't sleep until all the ice cream is safely in my stomach. Tonight I feel good knowing my frozen yogurt is safe in the freezer while I enjoy tea. I hope I can control my portions throughout the frozen yogurts stay at our house.



No comments:

Post a Comment