Friday, September 7, 2012

Onto the next adventure

So after returning home from our biking adventure on Monday it has been hard to get back into the swing of things. Monday evening we lounged around and went to bed by 10pm. I told hubby not to worry about the disaster zone we call home and that I would finally clean up on Tuesday. We still had things laying around from our Pennsylvania trip. Ugh.
Tuesday I woke up still feeling exhausted. I figured I would get through the morning with little lady and get down to business during her nap. That did not happen. I struggled all morning and lounged around during her nap. I was tired, but couldn't fall asleep. The house stayed a disaster for one more day, but I did manage to cook dinner. Tuesday night I went to bed at 8.30. No joke, lights out, Ipod off, eyes closed 8.30pm sleeping.
Wednesday I finally got my act back together. The house is back in order, groceries have been bought and a menu has been created.

In other news, I am officially training for my first 10k! I ran two 5ks this summer and loved it, but want to continue to challenge myself. I looked into a few over the summer and decided on running the Halloween hustle near my mom's house. I have invited a few friends to join me and I think I have one taker. We may even run in costume.
I looked into training programs and decided to follow Hal Higdon's novice 10k training plan. The Halloween Hustle is on October 27th and the training program is an eight week training program. My training started on Sunday. I had figured I would just do week 1 out of order. There are 2 days of cross training each week so I figured I rode my bike enough on Sunday and Monday to take care of my cross training. There is one day of rest so I figured I would rest on Tuesday and get to running Wednesday. My husband was a bit worried since my knees started to bother me and running isn't known to be gentle on the knees. He wanted me to hold off and just start on week 2. I took Wednesday off, but was dying to run yesterday. I ran about 2.7 miles and felt great! I will end up missing one run this week, but I am ok with that.

Today I have scheduled stretch and strengthening. I am not very good and stretching or strength training. I am excited to follow this program so that I hopefully work on those areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment