Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Happenings

I love fall! Although, I also hate being cold so I love fall activities and the first week that it's cooler and then I am miserable. It has been so nice having a few relaxing weekends and we took advantage of this weekend. After my amazing 4 mile run on Saturday I met up with my MOMS club for ArtPrize, dinner and drinks in Grand Rapids. It was so much fun to get away and feel like more than just a mom for a night. (I love being a mom, but an evening off was much appreciated.) I didn't get home until almost 1am! That is way past my usual bedtime.

Sunday morning the hubby and I were both feeling a bit tired, but managed to finally get ourselves ready for the day and headed to a local farm by 10am. I had purchased a Groupon for two tickets to a corn maze, two bags of popcorn and two pints of raspberries (all for $10!). We got to the farm and it had started to drizzle. We decided to stick around to see how the weather turned out. It drizzled off and on but was actually a really nice day out. We first got our popcorn and then boarded a tractor that toured the farm and dropped you off at the maze and berry picking area.

Little lady's first tractor ride. She also stole my popcorn and did not want to share with mommy.
We decided to walk through the corn maze first. The hubby and I can bicker a lot (we both tend to think we are right and can't hear the others ideas, oops) but we did really good in the corn maze and actually had a blast. I thought we might butt heads through the corn maze but we laughed and wondered together. Little lady mostly just enjoyed the ride and ate popcorn.
Hubby and little lady getting ready for the adventure.



This bridge was just before the half way point.
After the maze we headed over to pick some raspberries. I love raspberries! We were trying to think up things we could make with all of our raspberries and then just decided they are so delicious, we will just eat them by the handful.

Little lady picking some berries.

What? I swear I am not eating the berries!
 After we picked our berries we boarded the tractor to take us back to the front of the farm. They have a few animals that the kids can pet, a big slide, bikes, and a corn crib. It was close to nap time, but little lady's cute little eyes bought her a few minutes with the animals.
Daddy showing little lady the petting farm.

We got home just in time for lunch and naps. We woke up and our friends came over for dinner. The husband and I wanted to have them over to try our homemade pierogies. They were more than willing to help us judge. :) The hubby made another beer can chicken to serve with the pierogies. We had a delicious dinner and good company to end the weekend.

On the fitness side of things, Sunday is supposed to be stretch and strengthening day. I sort of forgot about it though in all the fun of the day, but decided to just count the corn maze/farm walking as 35 minutes of cross training and swap some days around. I will be doing strengthening today. I also had some mud on my new favorite pair of old jeans that I have been wearing so today when I had to get dressed I pulled out my stack of jeans that don't fit and ALL but 1 pair of them button! They do not all look good yet though :) I am actually wearing a size 12 pair from Old Navy (I know, I know. I just talked about jeans.), but these aren't any Old Navy jeans. When I was at my lowest weight I rotated between two pairs of jeans. The jeans I wore to my bachelorette party that I can't wait to fit into and my size 12 Old Navy jeans. I can't believe I could wear the 12's in public today! I am so close to being able to wear my old favorite pair of jeans again!

No comments:

Post a Comment