Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's the small things

Last night was a huge small step for me (if that makes any sense). The hubby had decided early on in the day that he wanted pizza for dinner. I have been planning out meals and cooking dinner for us consistently for about 6 months now. Occasionally he asks to go out to eat but I have usually already started dinner. He must have caught on because by 10am he had already told me he really wanted pizza for dinner and that he would handle dinner. I don't think he was trying to sabotage my diet, I genuinely think he was trying to be nice and give me a day off of dinner planning and clean up. I decided to embrace it, but in a healthy way.

Old me would have decided right then and there that the day didn't "count" diet wise so bring on the food! I would have spent all day eating anything and everything I could get my hands on. Instead, since I hadn't even eaten breakfast by the time he decided on dinner, I did something completely out of the ordinary for old me. I decided to eat light meals all day. New me immediately went to Sparkpeople and looked up info for Jet's pizza. It seemed to be around 300 calories per slice. I counted two slices for the day and worked with the remaining calories. I had a light breakfast and lunch and decided to eat a salad just before the hubby came home with the delicious pizza. I was feeling pretty hungry and have learned that if I let myself get that hungry I can not control my eating. The pizza looked amazing and I decided to see if I could just eat one slice.
BBQ chicken pizza from Jet's site
Look at that deliciousness! I think it was more than 300 calories. I ate one slice and couldn't stop thinking about that pizza. I took the second and made myself walk away. Thankfully hubby has been encouraging me to get back into my crafting. Last night he was being incredibly thoughtful and offered me some time to work on crafts while he was with little lady. I jumped on that offer since it got me out of the room that the pizza was in and crafting is fun. I made myself a cup of tea and worked on crocheting the blanket for little lady that I have been working on for almost a year. I crocheted for almost 2 hours until hubby got me to put little lady to bed. It was so relaxing!

Hubby wanted to watch a movie together once little lady was in bed so I crocheted and watched a movie. I needed my hands and mind to stay busy and off of that pizza. It worked! I went to bed having eaten two slices of pizza and feeling proud! The scale is back where it should be after the jump from anniversary night. Woohoo! There is even leftover pizza in the fridge that I am resisting. Hubby is planning on eating it for lunch so I have to keep reminding myself not to take food from him or the baby.

I have a 4 mile run on the schedule today. I am excited but sort of dreading it. It is getting cold out and the cold makes me just want to curl up on the couch with a blanket. I will get that run in today though don't you worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment