Saturday, September 22, 2012

I did it

I just came back from my 4 mile run! I ran the whole 4 miles without stopping and finished in 46:42. I am so happy and proud right now. I started my walk down to the trail and my hip and knee were feeling odd. I almost told myself to just turn around and try again another day. I knew that I would have felt unaccomplished for the day if I turned around before even running so I couldn't let that happen. I started running after a few more warm up minutes and didn't notice any pain while running. I had told myself I had to do the first 2 miles without stopping and then if I needed to stop after I turned to head back I could walk then. I hit 2 miles in and just as I was turning I could see another runner that would be following behind me now. I felt dumb for turning there, but had to keep going. I kept thinking they were gaining on me and would pass soon. Well, that never happened. I kept running and as I turned off the trail onto the road to my house I looked back and they were still there not to far behind me. So thankful random runner for helping me to accomplish my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment