Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or treat

We survived Halloween! I even did fairly well with my eating. I ate well throughout the day and had a light but filling dinner before heading out. Since we live on a main road and people don't trick or treat on it, the neighbors behind us invited us over to pass out candy with them. (They live on a court in a subdivision.) They told us they would have food, drinks, and jello shots. We decided that instead of just cutting through the yard to them we would trick or treat with little lady down the street to their house. It worked out perfectly. We stopped at about ten houses and then arrived at our neighbors to pass out candy.

The first house little lady went to! She was so cute. (Also, I love the neighbors in the background.)
I had brought two bags of candy to pass out and was hoping we wouldn't have to bring any home (which we did not, other than what little lady collected- another reason that ten houses were enough). The neighbors had chili, soup, pigs in a blanket, snacks and jello shots. I had a few jello shots and then stuck to the wine that I brought. I don't drink wine super fast so it seemed safe for me. I did eat about ten pieces of candy corn and 2 little pretzels. I felt good about that. I did not touch the delicious chocolate candy because one piece always leads to more. I felt successful at Halloween. I also have not touched little lady's candy. I am hoping the hubby will eat it up otherwise I will throw it out. (I would donate, but there really isn't that much there.)

I am feeling a bit more in control again and am thankful for that. I really think focusing on my lunch has helped me. Tomorrow I will weigh in. I am nervous and excited. I actually have not been on the scale since Friday. Wow! That is a record for me. I am actually just hoping for a maintain since I was off track as many days as I was on track. I think I would like to try to just step on the scale once a week. I feel obsessive and it really affects my mood. I usually end up eating more though because I know I won't have to face the numbers. It if could keep my eating in check and just weigh in on weigh in day though, I think it would be more exciting for me. Perhaps this will be my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment