Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Figures

So, I obviously changed my mind and decided to weigh in today anyways. I was actually really anxious to see where I would be. I almost stepped on the scale last night, but I knew that would ruin it for me. This morning I stepped on and actually didn't feel much of anything when seeing the number. 167.0 It's so weird for me to not be overly concerned with what the scale is telling me. I definitely enjoyed seeing a lower number and I had actually thought it might have been even lower, but I am mostly just happy that it didn't change my mood one way or another.

My weight loss competition ends on Tuesday at midnight. I figure I will just use Tuesday's weigh in as my weekly weigh in. I am assuming I will not want to weigh in the day after Thanksgiving. I will be attempting to eat within reason on Thanksgiving day, but I will not be counting calories. The day after Thanksgiving though I have to jump right back into my new habits. That will be the real test.

I also had a non scale victory this week. On Monday I bought a bag of Dove chocolates for emergencies. That is normal behavior, right? Every has emergency chocolate, yes? I actually managed to ignore the chocolate until Thursday. I am not sure what the emergency was, but I really needed chocolate. I took one out and told myself that I could have ONE if I promised to stop there. I did it! Today I saw the bad again and I could not stop thinking about it. I gave myself the same lecture that I did yesterday and had success again. I was quite happy with that. I am keeping the bag in the freezer and it seems to help a little. When they are in the cupboard I can grab one and eat it before I even sit down to enjoy it. When they are frozen I am still enjoying when I get to my seat. I am feeling proud and in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment