Thursday, November 1, 2012

Daily Double

Yikes, two posts in one day! I am actually feeling really positive about my health right now AND had some free time so I thought I would use this time to my advantage. I normally blog during little lady's nap and usually feel rushed because either I have other chores I still have to get done before she wakes up or else I know that at any moment she could wake up. She is currently in bed for the night and hubby has been working on some home renovation so I thought I would share some thoughts.

I have spent the last few days activity trying to get my mindset back into healthy living. One of the things that really helps me is to read other weight loss blogs. I get so excited when I find a new one that seems interesting to me and (nerd alert) I will go to the beginning of the blog and read through each entry. It's like instant gratification! I can watch/read someone's huge weight loss progress within a few days. It can be so motivating and comforting! It is also the main reason that I started this blog, so that maybe one day someone will read this and find some type of inspiration.

This week I have found a few new to me blogs and read through some of them. I wish I could remember which blog I read this in (if you know, please let me know and I will give credit/thank the author) but the woman was talking about how or why this time was different than other weight loss attempts. She felt that her weight loss was different this time around because there was no time limit attached to it. I kept thinking about that all week. That made so much sense to me! I really, truly feel that this is the time I make it to my goal. I think it is different because last time(the only time) I successfully lost a large amount of weight was for my wedding. I remember constantly looking at my weigh-ins and thinking either, "yay, I am on track to be at goal by my wedding" or "well, if I keep this up I won't make it to goal for the wedding." While I was actually losing things were good, but I would go completely off track if I had an off week. It was like my mind figured that if I couldn't be at my goal for the wedding, then why stay on track. I mean who wants to weigh 150 at their wedding when they could weigh 145? Obviously not worth my time...so instead I let myself hang on at 160, lame. Once the day passed, I couldn't stay in the weight loss mindset and went back to old habits.

This time I have no deadline. I don't even focus on when I could be at goal. Occasionally I do dream of when it could happen, but I don't really focus on how long. Which is probably a really good thing since I am taking it so slow this time. I averaged 10 pounds/month on Weight Watchers with my first weight loss. This time around I have only lost about 30 pounds in just short of 8 months. But...I lost 30 pounds!!! If I lose 30 more pounds over the next year, I will be at goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment