Sunday, November 4, 2012

Little bit of everything

It's weird how out of touch your mind can be with body while losing weight. Some days I look at clothes and think, there is no way I can fit in that! Other times the opposite occurs. I will get to the mind games in just a moment.

A little background:
As I may have mentioned, the husband has been working on some home renovations. There is a little room off the kitchen (maybe 8'X10') that has always driven us nuts. When we moved in it was more like an L shaped room and the missing square of the floor was an open space to an old Michigan basement staircase. The previous owners had a long shelf in the room and that was it. The hubby put doors on the room to keep us safe from falling down the crazy staircase, but other than that the room has been mostly wasted space. We put some junk on the shelf and we put tubs on the floor for recycling. We had talked about turning the room into a pantry area and creating much more storage space.

The hubby decided now was the time. He wanted to gut the room and start over. (This would give him some practice for the kitchen renovation that we REALLY want, which may be this spring.) He has done a great job with the renovation. He ripped up the staircase and created floor to have a rectangular room instead of an L shaped room. He created a new staircase(out of the old boards-even better!), ripped up the flooring, pulled off the ceiling tiles (finding drywall underneath that just had to be touched up) and fixed all the little things that the previous owners worked around. This weekend he finally got it to the point of painting. The only renovating that I can do better than him is painting so I am the house painter. We really wanted to get the painting and flooring done this weekend since we are booked almost straight through until Christmas.

So Saturday night I had to prime the room. As little lady's bedtime approached I started to get things together to paint. I started to worry about what I would wear to paint. (I can paint, but am totally a disaster and paint does get everywhere.) The last time I painted was probably during my pregnancy (windows were open and I had doctors permission). I remember my painting outfit being a bit snug. I had a mini panic attack that I wouldn't be able to fit into the painting outfit. Then, I remembered that I have actually lost a considerable amount of weight and might be to small for my painting outfit. I went to my closet to find my paint covered clothes. I looked at the jeans and they were a size 14; for some reason this made me panic again. I still have 12s that are not comfortable so I worried that these wouldn't fit. I put on the outfit and was pleasantly surprised by the bagginess of the outfit. It was just such an odd mental battle going on for those few minutes.
old paint clothes. thankfully baggy

On another jean related issue. I was looking through my closet at my jean supply. It used to have a lot of jeans in various sizes that mostly didn't fit me. I have been setting a few on the side that I think will fit next. I noticed there aren't many jeans waiting to fit. I actually only have two pairs waiting to be 'next.' (Plus one pair of tight size 12 thrifted Calvin Kleins)The previously mentioned thrifted seven for all mankind and a brand new pair of Old Navy size 10 jeans.

Let me back up again to explain why I would have Old Navy jeans after my previous post mentioning the article about Old Navy and Gap making gateway mom jeans. These were actually bought years ago and I had forgotten about them. When I was losing weight before my wedding I was convinced that I would do Weight Watchers forever and that I could continue to lose weight. At Christmas 2007 I was wearing the pants that I am wearing today, a pair of Old Navy size 12 jeans. I asked my mom to get me the exact same pair in a size 10 because I thought I would fit them soon. I tried them on Christmas morning and I could not get into them. They have sat in a box since then. Yesterday I tried them on and although they do not fit yet I think it would be awesome to wear them this year for Christmas. I am not going to panic to much about it, but it would be fun to show them to my mom this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment