Tuesday, November 6, 2012

oops I did it again

I seem to be binging more frequently than I have all year long. I was really proud of myself this weekend because I kept everything in line. I enjoyed wine with the hubby and took in the appropriate amount of calories for me, wine included. On Sunday we had planned on having our friends over for possibly the last bonfire of the year. We really just had a lot of wood from the renovation project and wanted to get rid of it. Thankfully, we have some amazing friends that will sit in our yard with us freezing and drink and enjoy each others company. I had saved some calories to enjoy a bit more wine with them, and it almost worked out. After they left though, the kitchen called to me and I just could not leave. I ate probably more in those ten minutes than I did all day. The hubby had to step in and save me. I thought he had fallen asleep so I snuck into the kitchen to get one last treat and he noticed. I totally finished that last treat, but if he hadn't said anything I am betting I would have found more food.

Since we stayed up way to late on Sunday and no one has told little lady that the time has changed. I didn't get much sleep Sunday night. I was super exhausted on Monday morning, but had high hopes for me. I survived the morning, but I couldn't conquer the afternoon. Little lady had fallen asleep for a few minutes in the car so she then refused her afternoon nap. I had planned on painting the trim for the renovation while she slept but couldn't start until she went to sleep. She didn't sleep, I didn't paint, I couldn't nap...I could eat though. I wouldn't call it a binge, but I did eat a large lunch and then sort of grazed all day long. I woke up today feeling gross. It is a new day though and so far so good.

I have figured out a running plan for the next month. I will be running a 5k with my friend on December 16 so I have a few weeks to maintain my running. I looked at a few training plans but decided to come up with something that sounded fun and would work for me.

Monday: 1 mile as fast as possible
Tuesday: cross training
Wednesday: 3 mile run
Thursday: 2 mile speed work
Friday: rest
Saturday: long run
Sunday: stretch

I want to work on my speed a bit but also continue to be able to run long distance (over 4 miles). I tried to do 1 mile fast yesterday, but was not successful. I ended up doing one minute fast, then one minute of walking until I hit one mile. It was much harder than I was expecting. I think this will work for me over the next month since it seems easy, but will actually be challenging to me. I wanted to quit during the entire run yesterday which is good because then I felt awesome when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment