Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Figures

I am going to get to the point quickly here. I did not lose weight this week. I also did not post my weigh in from last week with all the chaos of not sleeping and having company in town. Last Friday I weighed in at 164.7 lbs. I had eaten two meals out the day before I weighed in so I was hoping some of it was temporary weight gain. I was not so lucky though, this week I weigh 165.1 lbs. Unfortunately I also ate out last night for dinner.

I want to blame this weeks lack of weight loss as a result of my increase in weight training. I met up with a mom friend and we did some circuit work while our daughters climbed on us played. I didn't feel like I worked out very hard, but I definitely felt it the next day so yesterday I did squats and lunges. I am feeling quite sore today so maybe I would have lost some weight if my muscles weren't potentially holding on to some water.

However, I am willing to bet that Easter candy and taco bell had more of a roll in this week's events. I don't know what I was thinking but I seriously thought it would be a great idea to decorate my house for Easter with Easter candy. Why would I do that to myself?!? For Valentine's I filled a vase with pink and white candy corns and did great so I thought, "hey, I am sure that would be great for Easter too!" I bought jelly beans to fill the vase, mainly because I don't particularly care for jelly beans. I had also seen a cute idea on Pinterest- a mason jar with pastel eggs on the bottom and a chocolate bunny sitting in the eggs. It was cute so I decided to make two of those beauties. It was cute...until my hand kept reaching in there and popping chocolates into my face. Even with the lid on the jars, I could not be stopped. The hubby seemed to be having the same reaction to the jelly beans. He even asked me not to refill the vase. After two days and an almost empty vase and having to combine the chocolates into just one mason jar, I put the candy away. Yeah, maybe eating a whole bag of chocolate eggs will make losing weight tough. Seriously!

Last night little lady spent some time with her aunt. The hubby and I were going to go to dinner and stop at a few thrift stores. We couldn't find a restaurant on the route to the thrift stores, but we did find a newer brewery that the hubby had been wanting to try. We went in for a beer and hopes of dinner. The beer was amazing, but the building was kind of gross and we could see the kitchen and didn't think we wanted to eat there. (They also didn't have much of a menu.) We enjoyed our beer and then headed back out. We stopped at a thrift store close to the brewery and I was feeling tipsy and starving. I just wanted to eat. The hubby suggested something quick, like taco bell. What drunk girl can say no to taco bell? Obviously not this one. To top it off I ordered a chalupa combo menu. Surprisingly when I looked up the info at home, it worked into my calorie total for the day. Still not a good choice though. I realized I really need to keep a few granola bars in the glove box for emergencies.

I can't help but think that if I could have had a quick snack to calm the hunger, I could have made a better dinner selection. Oh well, it was good and I am still in control today.

No comments:

Post a Comment