Saturday, March 16, 2013

Don't let me predict the weather

It turns out that I was definitely wrong and that winter is still here.I woke up today to do my weekend run. I was greeted with about an inch of snow. It wasn't much snow, but enough to make me not want to run outside. Thankfully though the weekend run is the long run, but this is a sort of step back week and it was a scheduled 5k. I didn't sign up for one because I didn't want to spend any money, but figured I would just race my own 5k.

I debated just running on the treadmill this morning, but since it just feels like torture and the hubby was home I had no real excuses. I did decide on not running to fast. I really didn't want to fall and it was a bit slippery since there was a nice coat of ice under the snow. I ran my 5k in 35:07. It wasn't my fastest time, but I have done worse and the important part is that I got out and ran it (and didn't fall!).

snow and ice covered trail
I also snapped my first picture of myself while running. I only took one and I look a bit crazy, but oh well. I am out running in the snow!
proof that I actually am out running on the trail

We are getting ready to head to the east side of the state today. My cousin's daughter is having a birthday party and since my brother now lives a bit closer to home, he will be there. We don't always get the chance to go to all the birthday parties, but with the bonus of seeing my brother we found a way.

The downside though is that my diet is crazy when I am at my mom's. I am secretely really glad that we didn't try to go last night. I got my run in this morning, ate my oatmeal, and am planning on a big salad before we leave. We are driving straight to the birthday party and I know I will eating something there. My plan is to keep it light because I know we will also eat dinner. I can't eat 4 big meals, but 4 smaller meals would be okay. Hopefully it will work out for me. My goal for eating at my mom's house is to only eat if I would be eating at my own house. I need to learn how to change my behavior in her house so it doesn't always feel so stressful to visit.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment