Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Time is flying

I finally feel like spring will be here in no time. There is a chance of snow today, but I feel like this is our last potential snow of this winter. We did get some snow last week, but thankfully it didn't affect my brother's travel plans!

My brother and his family were planning on getting over to my house Wednesday late afternoon. I had gotten the house ready and was expecting little lady to wake up from her nap and the door rang. I thought it would be my brother and family (a little earlier than expected, but I thought they wanted to surprise me a bit.) but it was a package. I finally received my Special K blog giveaway that I won.

I thought it would be here sooner because it was supposed to be for an Oscars party. There is a faux red carpet, popcorn chips, nail polish, voting ballots and $100 to throw a party. Since the Oscars have already happened, I can't really use the whole idea but it still went to good use. I shared the popcorn chips with my family and I had made a few snacks and bought drinks for their visit. I told the hubby that I wanted to save the gift card to buy something nice when I reach goal. I am thinking a really nice pair of jeans that I would never spend the money on.

I actually won something! And it was awesome!
close up of the good stuff
So back to my brother's visit...It was so nice to see him, his wife, their son, and their dogs. Our house felt full! When my brother walked in he made a quick comment about me "looking good." It really meant a lot to me because he really doesn't say stuff like that so I felt pretty good.

I stayed mostly on track during their visit. On Wednesday, I tracked everything and did well. Thursday was not as well for me. I have mentioned it before, but I totally lose control when I am tired. Little lady has gone back to her 5:30 am wake ups and I do not function well. (I know, I am such a baby about sleep.) Thankfully, my brother doesn't stay up very late so I still got to bed at a decent hour, but I don't care what time I go to bed 5:30 is not fun to wake up.

I felt out of it all day on Thursday. I made an oatmeal bake for breakfast and was starving by lunch. We took the kids to a little coffee shop/playground and their was a Qdoba next door. I never really go there so I had no clue what to get. I panicked and just ordered the veggie burrito with brown rice, black beans and no cheese or sour cream. It was huge so I just ate half. It filled me up for a bit, but since I had snacks in the house I grazed all afternoon. We went out to dinner and I totally had a California Reuben and fries. I ate pretty much the whole thing. It was delicious though!

Friday was another early morning. Little lady really wanted to be sure she didn't miss out on saying good bye to her new friends so she of course woke up at 5:30 (this was the 6th morning in a row!). My family left by 6:30 am (they had an appointment for their new housing- I swear I did not kick them out.) and I was just exhausted.

Little lady loved the family visiting, but mostly the dog she called "big one."
Once the hubby left for work, I was exhausted and lonely. I was supposed to go to a Mom's Club meeting, but I knew I wouldn't really be social so I decided to skip it. I also didn't want to stay home so little lady and I headed out to Target to use a Christmas gift card.

It was fun, but I still felt off. I had cross training on the schedule for my training and just couldn't handle it. I decided to skip it and try to take a nap. I don't know why I  couldn't imagine napping without eating a huge lunch first, but I definitely over did lunch and then just laid there miserably. Little lady didn't take a super long nap either so I never fell asleep. I felt even worse as the day went on.

We ended up driving to Detroit Friday to visit some friends. I really didn't want to go, but we were missing our friend's birthday party Saturday night so we wanted to at least celebrate a bit with him. Friday night was rough being so exhausted and I secretly really wish we hadn't gone.

We didn't fall asleep until almost 2 am and thankfully little lady slept until just after 7. However another night of not very good sleep was not what I needed. We woke up and eventually got ready for breakfast with friends. All I wanted to do all day was eat and unfortunately hubby didn't seem motivated either. We stopped at a grocery store on the way home for ice cream, chips and sushi. Good planning! Saturday was a waste health wise. I didn't do my long run or make up my cross training.

We went to bed really early on Saturday night, like little lady went to bed at 7:30 and we were in bed at 7:35 early. Yikes. I think I actually fell asleep by 8:30/9. It was nice. Little lady woke up around 5:30 (of course she did!) and I tossed the monitor to the side and mumbled something about not being able to handle it yet but I would get her in a bit. I did not get her. The hubby woke up and took the monitor away from me and eventually saved little lady from her crib. I vaguely remember them coming in to kiss me a few times. It would wake me and I would think, "ok, I should get up. I will just close my eyes for one more minute and then I will get up." That must have happened quite a few times because it was almost 10am by the time I woke up. I felt amazing though! I didn't even mind that I slept half of the day away. It was worth it.

When little lady went down for her nap, I knew what I had to do. I had to get out there and run 7 miles! I was excited and nervous. I definitely regretted all the junk I ate on Saturday, but I did it! The worst part about the run was that my Garmin died at 6.91 miles. I was bummed and felt like I cheated out on my run even though I kept running. I guess I am glad that it didn't die earlier though.

Monday I had to run 3 miles. I have decided to focus a little bit on my speed on my shorter runs. I have been keeping my speed around 11 minute miles, although on Sunday's long run they were closer to 12 minute miles. My goal for my 3 mile run was to keep each mile under 11 minute/mile. I did it! I finished in 32:17! It felt good. I really had to push myself, but I did it. I would love to run a 5k in less than 30 minutes. Maybe this will be the summer for that as well.

Sorry for the long update. I didn't think I had that much going on but I guess I did.





No comments:

Post a Comment