Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Figures

I have officially tracked every single thing I have eaten for the past week! I am so proud of myself and I am feeling better than I have in a long time!

I woke up this morning feeling a bit bloated. I have been so excited to weigh in this morning and have a big loss. I only let myself peek at the scale once all week. I had checked in on Monday morning and actually saw 165 again. Laying in bed this morning, feeling bloated, I started to dread getting on the scale. I panicked that I would see a gain and let myself spiral back to not really tracking and continue to maintain my current weight. I laid there and reminded myself that I am going to complete this challenge either way.

I walked to the bathroom and mentally prepared myself for what I could see. I reminded myself that last Friday I was 167.7 lbs. I decided that anything less than 168 would be okay. I was hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst. I stepped on and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I stepped off and on a few more times and the scale continue to reassure me. I weigh 164.0 lbs!

I felt extra excited about the weight loss because I even went out to eat this week. Usually going out to eat means I eat like a starving person at the restaurant and then come home and continue to act like I haven't eaten in days. Little lady and I met up with a friend for breakfast one day this week. I was feeling panicked about it, but I know that I can make healthy choices while eating out. The challenge was that we went to my absolute favorite restaurant and everything they make is absolutely delicious. I had decided that I would get whatever it was that sounded the best to me, but ask for no cheese and eat whites. They had a chicken BLT scramble for their breakfast special. I followed through with my egg whites and no cheese request and they had no problems. The best part is that their food is so good you don't even miss the cheese. I came home and tracked the meal as best as I could and ate well for the rest of the day. It obviously worked out well for me since I finally saw a new number on the scale!

I have been smiling about it all morning! I lost 3.7 pounds this week. I am not expecting huge loses from here on out. I think it's the exciting first week of a diet effect. Either way, I will continue to track my food and work on my half marathon training. I guess the secret to weight loss success really is eating right and exercising! Who Knew!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment