Friday, February 15, 2013

Friday Figures

This may be a long one, but it is totally overflowing with happiness so I think it's okay.

Yesterday, Thursday, was one of the best days all around that I have had in awhile. Each morning I start my day off with a cup of coffee and check Facebook, email, and read a few blogs. I just use my iPod while drinking coffee and chatting with little lady. One of the blogs that I always check is Katie's at Runsforcookies so I started there. She was mentioning some new tea that she was trying out and it sounded amazing and I got slightly sidetracked looking at the tea. I almost didn't finish reading her whole post. Eventually I found my way back to her blog and remembered that she was posting the winner of a giveaway in that post. I got to the end of her post where the winner was posted and my heart skipped a beat. I was almost positive that my comment was showing up as the winner. It was a little hard to make out my profile picture on the small screen of my iPod, but it was my name with it. I almost knocked little lady down as I made a mad dash to my bedroom to use the actual computer to confirm my identity as a winner. I was ecstatic when I realized it was most definitely me and immediately called my husband to let him know. It made my day!

Although I did have an internal struggle that afternoon. We spent the morning having a play date with some friends. Little lady ate lunch at her friend's house and I just planned on eating some leftovers when we got home. By the time we got home it was time for her nap. Once she was situated in her bed, I was famished and couldn't wait for lunch. I warmed up a serving of leftover turkey pot pie. It wasn't a very big piece so I inhaled it in about one bite and still felt starving. I really wanted to binge on something, but I managed to convince myself that I would feel less hungry once my body realized that I did eat something.

I had planned on making the hubby some fudge for Valentine's day and I needed to get started with that anyways. As I was making it I was still having strong binge feelings. I ended up throwing a handful of chocolate chips into my mouth without even thinking about. As soon as I ate them, my mind immediately wanted to eat more since I had already messed up. I didn't know how many I had so my mind was telling me to just eat more and be done with the "track everything" challenge. I decided that I couldn't have had more than a tablespoon of chocolate chips in my hand and at 70 calories that hardly ruins my day. Although some how by the time I wrote it down 5 pepperonis found their way into my mouth too. (Seriously, I don't even know what happened. There was a serious bad mood moving in and it found them stashed in a drawer in the fridge.) I tracked the calories and moved on.

The mood was still moving in and little lady was attempting to skip her nap. (I could hear her chatting away on her monitor.) I was feeling overwhelmed with the need to get a few things done during her nap and if she didn't take a nap, I would not be able to get certain chores done. It was stressing me out and making me want to binge even more. I went upstairs to check on little lady. I cleaned her diaper, sang her a song and headed back downstairs. I knew that the only thing that would save me was a workout. Little lady falls asleep on her own and I decided that if she was still up in 15 minutes, I would bring her down without a nap for the day but I figured that if she was going to be in her bed for 15 more minutes either way, I might as well workout. So downstairs I went. I hopped on the elliptical and tried a pre-programmed routine that I don't think I had ever done before. I checked the monitor after about 10 minutes and there was silence! She finally fell asleep. I felt relieved and finished a 30 minute program on the elliptical and saved my mood for the day! I also got all of the things that I needed to do done.

The hubby came home and brought flowers for me and one for little lady. It was so sweet. I rarely get flowers so it was definitely appreciated. So I had a great Valentine's day all around.

flowers for me and my baby
This morning was my weigh in day. I had not peaked at the scale all week. I had the same nervous excitement as last week. I had to remind myself that I probably wouldn't see a huge loss, but that anything less than 164 (my weight from last week) would be amazing. (Although either way, I wanted myself to feel proud for another good week of working out and eating well.) I stepped on and saw 161.7! Talk about a great feeling. I am sure it will slow down soon but I am feeling so good! I lost 2.3 pounds last week.

Today little lady got her face painted and is just to cute not to share.

showing off her "makeup"
I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day!



No comments:

Post a Comment