Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday figures

Today is the first day of the February challenge. I am feeling excited and positive for this. I guess I technically started yesterday since I did track everything I ate yesterday. I was proud of myself for not using the last day of "freedom" as an excuse to go off track. I realize that I have a really hard time tracking anything more than the minimum amount of calories I should eat. I use sparkpeople and count my calories until the low range and then if I have an evening snack, I just don't track it and assume I have the calories for it. If I keep it to just one snack/serving I am sure it stays in range. I think though some of my binges could be stopped if I just realized I could still eat possibly 300 calories. I just hate seeing the higher calories consumed. Although I don't write it down, my body still tracks it. Which leads to the point of today's post.

I will weigh in every Friday of February and track it, even if it's a gain. I have a tendency to weigh myself frequently but not track the gains. February I will own up to everything. I knew I would see a gain today. I did great last week including Friday. We celebrated the hubby's birthday all weekend and I did not control myself very well. I was okay with the eating and drinking on Saturday, but a tired/hungover Sunday did me in. We went to a super fancy brunch buffet to start the day. I actually felt decent with my intake. I enjoyed two plates both half full of fruit and one dessert with a few tastes of the hubby's. I figured we finished brunch at noon so it was easily lunch and I would eat a healthy dinner. We came home to a fridge full of delicious food. I ate pizza, birthday cake, cookies, crackers and of course a dinner too.

That did not start my week well and Monday we stayed home due to icy roads. I was feeling bad about myself so I decided to eat away my feelings! Genius! I felt gross and got my act together Tuesday but Wednesday evening I lost control and had a small after dinner feast. So frustrating! Thursday was perfect and we were actually trapped in again due to snow and ice so I think it's extra magical to control myself.

That leads to this morning. 167.7 lbs. I am up 1.7 lbs from last week. It makes me so mad but I have no one to blame but myself. I am feeling good about this upcoming week though and finally getting my mind to where it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment