Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Take 2

Last year, around this time, I was feeling so embarrassed about my weight and overall health. I really didn't know what to do or how to start. I had just started thinking about doing the couch to 5k and was waiting for weather that I thought would be acceptable to push little lady in the jogging stroller. January and February are generally pretty cold here in Michigan and I figured I had until at least March. I was motivated enough though to try something in February. I had decided to give Jillian Michaels 30 day shred a try. I started it on February 1st, 2012. I ended it on February 8, 2012. I remember thinking how impossible it was. I never left level one and only half did most of the moves. Thankfully, spring came early here in Michigan and I began running March 13th, 2012.

I never looked back on the 30 day shred. until now. I really enjoyed the muscle soreness from my half ass attempted boot camp and wanted a really good workout. I did level one of boot camp yesterday and was surprised at how easily (maybe 'easy' isn't the right word here, but compared to last year 'easy' makes sense.) I finished it. I felt slightly sore today, which I was glad and I attempted level two this afternoon. I was shocked that I was able to complete most of level two. I don't feel ready for level three just yet, but I was so proud of my abilities. I think I have to thank boot camp for making me realize that just because something is hard, doesn't mean I can't do it.

Also, on a boot camp note. I feel lame for quitting it and wanted to put another excuse out there. I really wanted to use boot camp to get a work out in during the winter without having to freeze. I knew there would be running in boot camp and I assumed we would use treadmills or an indoor track. I was wrong. We would run outside around the building in circles. It seemed like extra torture. (Again, I know...boot camp isn't supposed to be fun.) Another thing that made me really want to quit was talking with my friend about races we want to do this year and about maybe one day doing a triathlon. I was so pumped talking to her and I love being excited to work out. It just made me want to quit boot camp. I don't want to torture myself with working out. I want to really enjoy what I am doing. I am at a place in my life/health that I actually do really enjoy the healthy foods that I eat and the activity I do. I believe that will be the key to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment