Monday, January 21, 2013

Still kickin it, just not bloggin it

I have been pretty consistent lately, but haven't felt like blogging much. I think it's just the general blah feeling of the winter and not wanting to be whiny on here. I have however been remaining active, which I am so proud of! I just wanted to give a recap of the past almost month.

Weight: I have been maintaining at the very least. I am proud of that because I will need to be able to maintain, but I wish I was at a weight that I wanted to maintain. I did put on a few pounds over Christmas, but I have since taken them back off. I was around 167 this past Friday but have actually seen 164 since then. I am hoping to get into the 150s eventually. Actually, I know I will get there I just hope it's sooner.

Nutrition: I am hit or miss on healthy eating lately. I have a few days of tracking everything I eat and then a day or two of just eating everything I see. I have been keeping processed foods out of the house for the most part and that helps when I pig out. I am not going to completely cut processed foods out because I just don't want to put extreme limits out there. I will be trying to avoid processed foods for the most part. I actually do cook most/all of my meals so really it's just snacks that are processed and I am trying to control my snacking anyway.

Activity: I have been running once or twice a week just to stay active and get used to my new Garmin forerunner. I love it so far! It makes it so much easier for me to just run and still be aware of how far I am running. It will also help with my next training schedule. I am officially signed up for my first half marathon! It is at the end of April and near my mom's house. I am excited and will be starting official training in about a week and a half.

I did have one minor workout embarrassment. I didn't actually do anything physically stupid, but I felt stupid. I found a great deal on Groupon for a boot camp class. I begged and begged for hubby to let me do it. (It was evenings, twice a week.) I barely made it through two weeks and refuse to go back. (That's the embarrassing part.) I felt weak there which should have been a reason to stay, but I just didn't feel ready for such an intense class. It was also not fun just being yelled at for an hour straight twice a week. (I know, it was a boot camp class. What was I expecting?!?) I didn't get yelled at personally, but I just do so much better with positive encouragement. I did learn an important lesson though in the short amount of time that I was there. I realized that I am capable of so much more that I let myself realize. I have always convinced myself that I absolutely can not do a burpee/mountain climber/any pylometric activity. While I was being yelled at I could do something that seemed close enough to pass as that particular activity. It was amazing to me. I have now busted out some old DVDs that I have that I always quit half way through because they are "just to hard" and I am nailing them! It feels good to get some strength training in.

Also, to end on a positive. I used some Christmas money today. I headed out to an actual running shoe store and got fitted for real, actual running shoes. I decided on the Brooks Adrenaline. They felt amazing and I can't wait to take them out.

beautiful shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment