Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Old me

I have started this journey over a year ago. I gave birth to my baby in April of 2011. I nursed her and lost most of my pregnancy weight pretty quickly. I thought I could eat whatever I wanted since I was nursing and losing weight. I had decided to wait to start "trying" to lose weight until the 6 week postpartum appointment. During that time my weight got to just 5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight, but don't worry my excessive eating brought me back up 10 pounds. Before I got serious I was 15 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight, 212 pounds.
In late June of 2011 I decided to join weight watchers. (I had previously lost 40 pounds with them so I thought I could do it again.) I really needed to go to the meetings for accountability and I found a location a few miles from our house. I thought it would be no problem to go to meetings with my daughter. I think I managed to attend meetings/weigh-ins for one month. If I actually made it to a meeting, I found myself just staring at my baby the whole time. Otherwise, she would be sleeping when we needed to leave and you NEVER wake a sleeping baby. I quickly changed to online only.
This picture is from a family vacation in July of  2011. This was just before I switched to online only. I probably weighed just over 200 lbs here.

I sort of half-assed the program for way longer than I should have been paying for. I really just used my monthly membership to log my food on the app. I don't know why I didn't just switch to an app that tracked food for free, but I felt that if I quit weight watchers I was quitting losing weight. By March 2012 I had managed to get down to just below pre-pregnancy weight, 193. I guess I should have been happy that I had lost almost 20 pounds in less than a year, but I was embarrassed and frustrated. When I had lost weight before I was very motivated and could easily lose 10 pounds a month. This time things seemed harder and I could not get my mind into the right mind frame.
Everything changed in March 2012 though!

No comments:

Post a Comment